- About Us
- Contact Us
- Get Involved
- Warley Events
- Warley In Bloom
- What’s On
- St John’s Church Newsletter June 2016 warleyca.co.uk/2016/06/30/st-… 3 weeks ago
- WCA Agenda Open Meeting 4 July warleyca.co.uk/2016/06/20/wca… 1 month ago
- Events in Warley Village in June warleyca.co.uk/2016/06/07/eve… 1 month ago
- NGS Open Garden – 26th June warleyca.co.uk/2016/06/06/ngs… https://t.co/5kG8eGGOyu 1 month ago
- St John’s Church Newsletter June 2016 warleyca.co.uk/2016/05/30/st-… 1 month ago
Click on the link for more information
- Sun 12 June ~ St. John’s Church Community Garden Party in Celebration of The Queen’s 90th Birthday with live band ~ 2:30-5pm ~ Warley House Gardens
- Sat 18 June ~ WCA Barn Dance/Ceilidh in Celebration of The Queen’s 90th Birthday with live music from Black Box 3 ~ 7:30pm ~ St John’s Church Hall ~ £7 ticket includes pie & peas supper ~ bar & raffle
- Sun 26 June ~ Green Hill House Open Garden for National Garden Scheme ~ 11am-5pm ~ refreshments & plants sales
Green Hill House on Water Hill Lane in Warley village will be opening its garden for charity on Sunday 26th June, 11am until 5pm, as part of the National Garden Scheme (NGS). The family garden has a woodland glade, herbaceous borders, formal lawn, topiary and courtyard garden, and was recently featured in Amateur Gardening magazine (23/4/2016). Local artist, Genevieve Thompson, will be exhibiting her fused glass for both garden and home and there will be an I-Spy trail for children. Teas and plant sales will be available all day.
Admission is £3 (children free) which goes directly to the NGS who nationally raised £2.7m in 2015 for caring charities and were the biggest single donor to both Macmillan and Marie Curie. Proceeds from teas and plant sales will be for Overgate Hospice.
Please park in Stock Lane prior to the village centre and follow the signage for the 5 minute walk through to the garden – sorry there is no parking available in the immediate vicinity of the garden. Perhaps extend your walk around the village to include the cemetery with its amazing views towards Stoodley Pike, or admire Warley’s historic award-winning allotments, some of which will also be open on the day for you to step inside and enjoy.
For more information see www.ngs.org.uk
The planning application for the demolition of existing equestrian buildings to facilitate residential development of five dwellings (outline) at Littlemoor Farm at Great Edge has been REFUSED.
The full details of the planning application are available for perusal at the Calderdale Planning Portal via the link below.
We are very pleased to announce that Warley Community Association member, Sylvia Ketley, has won an award in recognition of her work in the local community.
The Our Communities Awards presentation ceremony was held at the Halifax Academy on Friday 20 May.
The WCA also received an award for community involvement.
Eliana Bailey & Kathryn Gallagher collect the awards on behalf of Sylvia and WCA.
WINNER: Sylvia Ketley
Sylvia has been a member of the Warley Community Association since it began in 2008 and she has been involved with everything that the WCA has carried out and is always willing to go that extra mile.
A co-worker, June Illingworth, said of Sylvia:
“I have worked alongside Sylvia in creating and maintaining the green areas in the village and I often have to say to her I think we have done enough for today before she will finally give in to go home and relax.”
“Between us we plant up the troughs and planters in and around the village which Sylvia insists she looks after whilst I see to other sites.”
Over the past few years both Sylvia and her husband have suffered some bad health scares but she always bounces back with a smile and cheery disposition to join in all the village clean-up days regardless of the weather.
This lady is greatly admired and truly deserves to be recognised for the work she has carried out in the village of Warley.